Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Layered Spinach Tortellini Salad

Recipe from my Taste of Heaven Cookbook that my aunt gave me from her church
I made this for my sister in law's baby shower (along with 2 other salads) and everyone was asking me for the recipe! I really like this salad.

INGREDIENTS:
~ 1 (9oz) pkg cheese tortellini (sometimes I use chicken tortellini or both)
~ 2 cups shredded red cabbage
~ 6 cups torn spinach leaves (I use a bag of small spinach leaves and don't tear)
~ 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
~ 1/2 cup sliced green onions
~ 1 (8oz) bottle Ranch dressing
~ 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled or the jar of ready made bacon) (I skip this part because bacon doesn't thrill me)

DIRECTIONS
~ Cook tortellini as directed; drain and rinse with cold water. In large clear glass 9x13 inch pan or bowl with straight sides, layer cabbage, spinach, tortellini, tomatoes and green onions. Pour dressing over top and sprinkle bacon. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serves 8-10.

I use a big bowl and just combine it all. I know it's suppose to look neat thru the glass, I don't have a good glass pan or bowl for this.

No comments: