Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chicken Pecan Wraps





* 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes (we use Tyson grilled chicken strips and they work really well)


* 1/4 cup chopped onion


* 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin* 1 tablespoon butter or margarine


* 1/4 cup chopped pecans* 3 tablespoons sour cream


* 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed


* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese


* 1 cup salsa


* Shredded lettuce




In a large skillet, saute chicken, onion and cumin in butter until chicken juices run clear. Reduce heat to low. Add pecans and sour cream; cook and stir until heated through. Spoon about 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla; top with cheese, salsa and lettuce if desired. Fold in sides.


This was very good. I didn't use pecans. I cooked chicken breasts in the oven and cut them myself. Next time, after I cut the chicken, I'm going to add it to a skillet and do what the recipe says. I just spread some sour cream and salsa onto the tortilla and added the cheese and lettuce, then chicken. It was good, but I think it might be better if I used the skillet. I was thinking bacon would probably be really good.

No comments: